Sunday 4 March 2012

Review: Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation

So I have decided to write my first, official blog post about something that I adore and could not live without; my Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation.  I wear 2N2 Fresco.
 
Photobucket


I would say I have been wearing this foundation for well over 5 years now and although I have tried others, there is nothing that compares to Double Wear.

To give you a bit of background, this foundation claims to have '15-hour staying power' to keep you 'flawless all day'.  It will not change, smudge or come off on clothes, according to the Estée Lauder website.  Despite all this, it is lightweight and comfortable, whilst providing your skin with sun protection of SPF15. Sounds pretty good...but does it live up to it's promises?

I would definitely say yes! I apply a relatively small amount of this foundation with a foundation brush and set it with MAC's Studio Careblend Pressed Powder (Medium Dark).  It not only covers all my imperfections but it really does last all day.

Not only does it last, but it feels light weight and natural, not like I am wearing layers of orange make-up.

Overall I could not recommend this foundation enough.  I am currently using the last few tiny drops from my bottle, otherwise I would have swatched it for you.  I have repurchased this item SO many times I have lost count...

That does, however, draw me to the only downside of Double Wear foundation...the price.  At £26.50 for 30ml it does not come cheap.  When I originally bought it, it was £23.00, but the price has increased 2 or 3 times since then.  One bottle does last around 6 months though, if not longer, and I have found that cheaper foundations need replacing more regularly.  In my opinion, Double Wear is definitely worth the money.

To find your perfect shade, visit an Estée Lauder counter, or to buy online click here.

What is your all-time favourite foundation?

Much love,

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment